Police and Crime Commissioner
Date Published: 10/04/2012
On 15th November 2012, elections will be held in South Wales to elect the first Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Police and Crime Commissioner, or PCC will replace the Police Authority. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the Chief Constable, and representing the public.
The overall responsibility for the PCC will be to maintian an effective and efficient police service by holding the Chief Constable to account.
Other duties include:
- Appoint and if necessary dismiss the Chief Constable
- Set policing priorities and produce an Annual Plan
- Set the annual police budget and council tax precept
- Publish Annual Report and Accounts
- Consult with and involve the public.