Update from meeting
Date Published: 26/07/2012
The following update was given to attendees at meeting 4th July 2012
- Ynyscorrwg Park – Please report any Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) in the park, (behaviour which causes alarm, distress or harassment). Wednesday evenings around 11pm appear to be popular times for groups gathering here.
- A number of calls received for Alexon House. No thefts or damage- youths In the building.
High School now has a perimeter fence.
- Suspicious activity in Hawthorn and Rhydyfelin near Post Offices- A local woman was approached by a male and female near Rhydyfelin Post Office and felt intimidated to buy gold jewellery from them. A female has been arrested and enquiries are ongoing.
- Male reported to police knocking on doors in
Tudor Street area enquiring with residents about loft insulation. The caller was genuine however please be vigilant. Do not let strangers into your home!
- Diesel thefts from plant hire at Costain Site, opposite Hawthorn Leisure Centre. Costains have been working with the police and local youths (including local schools) to keep compound areas safe.
Thefts from vehicles- a couple of vehicles have been targeted and property taken. Unoccupied houses appear to be of interest for criminal activity.
Afonfab Crescent and surrounding streets currently “hot spot” for patrols due to calls about youths playing football against properties. A number of youths have been spoken to.
- Metal Theft Operations Update- Rogue scrap metal traders are still being stopped and spoken to by police officers.
- Spectacle Theatre- Group of youths working with this group (funded by Newydd Housing) as part of a diversionary activity to keep ASB to a minimum.
- Breaking Barriers Film Project- Group of youths attended taster session for project which will take place in August – Intergenerational Project.
- ASB figures for Rhydyfelin and Hawthorn have decreased in comparison to same time last year.