Olympic Crime Prevention
Date Published: 01/08/2012
Olympic Crime Prevention Advice
Remember crowded public places can attract pick pockets because they can steal personal items without you even knowing about it. Take care of your money and personal possessions using the following advice:
• Use a handbag that can be closed properly - zipped up preferably - so that it is more difficult for someone to open it and reach in.
• If you use a handbag with a strap, wear it across your body and not just over one shoulder so it is more secure.
• You can use a purse lanyard which attaches your phone or purse/wallet to your bag or clothes.
• Keep your phone out of sight when not in use. Register your valuables on the free online property database
• Men should keep their wallet in a front pocket rather than in their back pocket, making it harder for a thief to slip their hand in unnoticed.
Whether you are attending or just watching please enjoy this once in a lifetime event.