Crime Prevention - 21/4/12
Date Published: 21/04/2012
Recently, the Pyle and Cornelly areas have been hit with a slight rise in Vehicle crime. Several vehicles have been stolen, but have later been found abandoned nearby. Your local Community policing team are pro-active in carrying out patrols and monitoring of the areas, however here are some simple steps you can follow to prevent yourself being a victim of crime.
- Prior to leaving your Vehicle, please double check you have removed ALL items of value. Such simple items as an old jacket or an empty bag can tempt a thief.
- When exiting your Vehicle, please lock and secure it, securing the keys safely in your possession. If necessary, please activate and engage all Anti-theft systems and devices.
- If possible, park in a well lit area with CCTV coverage.
- If parking on your driveway, please double check your vehicle is locked.
- If parking in a Garage, please ensure all doors and windows of the building are safely locked and secure.
This may seem obvious, but it is surprising how many people forget to adhere to these simple tasks. Completing these checks on a regular basis will save you from being the victim of crime and will also save you financially. If you would like any further information regards to anti-theft measures and crime prevention advice, please do not hesitate to contact your local officer.