Please be considerate where you park your car
Date Published: 12/08/2012
Please be considerate when parking.
The Neighbourhood Policing Team are continually receiving complaints about vehicles parking too close to junctions and parking on pavements. This can cause obstructions to vehicles on the highway and to people using the pavements.
We are asking for co-operation from residents to help resolve this problem and request that road signs and road markings are adhered to. Please be considerate when parking. Please make sure your visitors are aware of this.
ANY VEHICLES CAUSING AN OBSTRUCTION COULD BE ISSUED WITH A FINE!
The Highway Code states DO NOT stop or park:-
* Anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services.
* Opposite or within 10 meters (32 feet) of a junction, except in authorised parking spaces.
* Near the brow of a hill or hump bridge.
* Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles.
* In front of an enterance to a property.
* On a bend.
To report non urgent incidents please contact 101.
Thank you for your co-operation.
** Also remember that the new Civil Enforcement Officers have new taken up their positions and are also tackling parking problems within Merthyr Tydfil.