Date Published: 20/04/2012
Wales Police crime figures
The latest figures show the streets of
South Wales are getting safer with a drop in crime of over 6% in 2011.
The Office of National Statistics data (for the 12 month period to December 2011) reveals that overall, recorded crime in the
South Wales Police area has fallen by 6.6%.
This is equivalent to 6,354 fewer victims of crime or more than 17 fewer victims every day, marking South Wales Police as having the fifth biggest reduction in crime overall of the 43 forces in England and Wales.
Criminal damage has dropped significantly by 15.9% - the highest reduction in
Crime reductions in brief:
- Robbery down 11.6% (11th biggest reduction)
- Dwelling burglaries down 6.6% (18th biggest reduction)
- Vehicle crime down 14.2% (6th biggest reduction)
- Criminal damage down 15.9% (*Highest reduction in the country)
- Assault with injury down 11.2% (11th biggest reduction)
- Sanction detection rate up by 0.8%, from 31.4% to 33.1%