RISE IN VEHICLE CRIME
Date Published: 02/08/2012
SAFER VALE – COMMUNITY MESSAGE
We have recently seen a rise in vehicle related crime across the Vale Of Glamorgan.
Safer Vale would ask you to consider the following advice which could help to reduce the risk of you becoming a victim.
- Make sure you lock your vehicle whenever it is left unattended.
- Don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle.
- Park your vehicle in a well lit area.
- If you have a garage, make use of it and keep your vehicle in it when it is not being used.
- If your vehicle is parked on a driveway at night, then consider installing dusk to dawn lighting to keep the area lit.
In some instances – number plates have been stolen off vehicles.
Please consider these options to make your number plates safe
- replace the standard screws with ‘clutch head’ or ‘one way’ anti theft screws,. These can be purchased at most DIY stores or via the internet.
- Use an adhesive to secure the plates to your vehicle, but please seek advice form a garage before doing this, as it may cause damage to the paintwork.
- Consider fitting a ‘thief resistant’ number plate.