Underage alcohol sales
Date of Meeting:
Resolven Community Centre @ 6.30pm
Complaints of underage alcohol sales being made in the Village.
- >> Patrol - 05/11/2008
- The Square was patrolled and young persons frequenting and hanging around Cost Cutters were monitored for the purchasing, possession and consumption of alcohol. No instances were observed.
- >> Patrols - 31/10/2008
- Patrols of the village were conducted by PCSOs and by Police units with a concentration around The Square and other areas where outdoor alcohol consumption has previously an issue. No underage persons were found to be in possession of alcohol or found to be under the influence of alchol.
- >> Police Patrols - 30/10/2008
- Police carried out patrols of The Square in Resolven monitoring customers coming out of the store and for any underage persons nearby that may have been waiting for the proxy purchase of alcohol. No youths encountered with alcohol or any suspicious behaviour noted.
- >> Trading Standards Operation - 29/10/2008
- On wednesday 29th October Trading Standards carried out underage alcohol test purchasing at Cost Cutters in Resolven and the youths employed to purchase the alcohol were refused service.
- >> Mobile Patrol - 28/10/2008
- Mobile patrols conducted in a unmarked vehilce by PC 3630 Warner & PC 926 Davies. No youths drinking in locality.
- >> Underage alcohol sales - 20/10/2008
- The divisional licensing officer has been spoken to regarding this and will take appropriate action. Local off-licenses have also been visited and reminded of the need for vigilance with regards to the ages of youths purchasing alcohol.
Return to Previous Page