the campus of the University of Glamorgan, certain areas of Glyntaff, The Broadway, Wood Road and Llantwit Road. The village is historically connected with the Crawshay family who established a major tinplate works in 1835. Treforest is now known for its association with the University of Glamorgan, originally established as The School of Mines at Treforest in 1913.
The village is home to two primary schools, Parc Lewis and St. Michael's. The population of Treforest consists substantially of students living away from home, who often leave the village during the summer months and return in the new academic year. Notable bars and pubs in the area include The Otley Arms, 'The Forest' (or as its formally known, the cot), Flagstones tapas bar, and The Pick & Shovel. Treforest is home to association football team Treforest Town F.C.
Reading Rooms Lawn Terrace Treforest @ 6pm
See PACT meeting details
To view information on the priorities click the link. The current priorities are:
Priority 1Under age drinking or youth annoyance alcohol related
Location: queen street treforest
Priority 2Parking Issues
Location: windsor road treforest
View PACT Priority Archives
what PACT meetings are
what are PACT priorities
To view information on a PACT Project click the link. The current PACT Projects are:
- Parking Issues
- Parking issues in the Windsor Road area Treforest during lunch times and evening times.
View PACT Project Archives