Gowerton (Tregwyr) is situated about 4 miles north west of Swansea city centre.
Gowerton is often known as the gateway to the Gower.
Gowerton's original name was Ffosfelin.
It is bordered by Penclawdd, Dunvant, Waunarlwydd, Kingsbridge, Three Crosses and Garden Village.
Gowerton grew during the late 19th and early 20th Centuries with the expansion of coal mining in the area and the opening of the Elba Works in 1872.
Housing development took place at this time, mainly in the form of traditional terraced properties. Larger semi detached housing was developed during the inter war period, while post World War 2 saw the development of semi and detached housing estates, as the settlement became a popular suburb of Swansea.
The last two decades have seen significant housing developments on large brownfield sites - on the site of the former Elba Steel Works and Old Cattle Market.
To view information on the priorities click the link. The current priorities are:
Priority 1Parking Issues
Location: woodlands, waunarlwydd
View PACT Priority Archives
what PACT meetings are
what are PACT priorities