Pontarddulais is bordered by Hendy, Garnswllt, Felindre, Pontlliw and Grovesend. It is situated 10 miles north west of Swansea and 8 miles from Llanelli.
Pontarddulais is known locally as "The Bont" where the name originates from a bridge " Y Bont Fawr" being built over the River Loughor where Pontarddulais is now located. The area consists of commercial and residential properties and also farmland.
The first railway arrived in Pontarddulais in 1839, transporting coal from the Amman Valley to Llanelli, followed by another line in 1866 from Swansea and the Graig Merthyr Colliery in 1867.
Heavy industry transformed Pontarddulais into a thriving industrial town, with six tinplate works opening between 1872 and 1910, with substantial housing growth following in the early 20th Century. However the de-industrialisation of the area occured after the war years.
The next meeting is still currently being planned. Please check back soon for more information
To view information on the priorities click the link. The current priorities are:
Priority 1Parking Issues
Location: st. teilo street
Priority 2Off Road Motorcycling
View PACT Priority Archives
what PACT meetings are
what are PACT priorities
To view information on a PACT Project click the link. The current PACT Projects are:
- Off road bikes
- Off road bikes are riding around the Craig y Fedw area and causing annoyance for residents living in this rural area.
View PACT Project Archives