The setlement of Lower Loughor can be traced back to Swansea's early coal mining industry, with mines dating back to at least the 1730's and a nearby iron foundary dating from the same period. By 1869 the St. David's tinplate works was established across the river and historic maps of the area show that the village had grown significantly by 1876.
The constuction of the permanent bridge across the estuary in 1923 made Loughor a focal point, linking Swansea and Llanelli. This encouraged further expansion and the area grew into the densely populated village we see today.
Some of the worker houses dating back to the 19th Century remain close to the estuary, but more modern development occured upslope, including a post war Local Authority Housing Estate, blocks of sheltered accomodation, a 1970's development and more recently built developments.
Police Room, Welfare Hall, Loughor @7pm
See PACT meeting details
To view information on the priorities click the link. The current priorities are:
Priority 1Youth Annoyance general non alcohol related
Location: parc william/castle
View PACT Priority Archives
what PACT meetings are
what are PACT priorities