Criminal Damage - Other
Date of Meeting:
7pm Cockett Community centre
Location of Concern:
At present, the fence between Cockett Pond and Brynffordd has a hole in it. In the past the Councils Parks Department have repaired the holes, only for them to be broken down within hours. A squeeze point has been discussed as an alternative, which would be just big enough for walkers only. Therefore horses and motor-bikes will not be able to pass through. The Parks Department have now advised this will hopefully be arranged by the end of next week. This will be monitored.
- >> Fence - 12/12/2009
- There have been no calls recieved regarding the fence, the matter will be discussed with the local councillor in the next pact meeting on the 15th Dec.
- >> Fence torn down again!!! - 29/11/2009
Contact has been made with our local councillor who has confirmed that following the last PACT meeting, the fence was repaired by the parks department. Instead of just closing the fence completely, a gap was left for walkers to pass through as agreed. However the fence has since been torn down. Officers are trying to establish who is responsible for this and are encouraging residents to contact them with any information.
- >> Fence - 21/11/2009
- The fence that was promised to be replaced in Cockett Pond is still down. Enquiries are being made to find out when it will be erected.
- >> Continued patrols - 14/11/2009
- No reports of damage have been received over the past few days. Officers continue to patrol the location.
- >> Criminal damage - 08/11/2009
- Officers continue to make regular high visibility patrols of the location. No complaints of damage have been received over the last few days.
- >> Patrols continued - 02/11/2009
- Officers continue to make regular high visibility patrols of the area. I f you witness any persons causing criminal damage please ring 999.
- >> criminal damage - 24/10/2009
- Officers continue to make high visibility patrols of the location. Any persons seen causing criminal damage will be dealt with accordingly.
What we did
At a recent PACT meeting held 15/12/09 the broken fence was discussed. It was agreed between attendees that the matter is linked to motorcycle annoyance in the area which is also a PACT priority. Therefore they will be discussed together at future meetings.
Return to Previous Page