- >> Patrols - 31/07/2010
- Even in this lovely wet weather, patrols have been made by the Newcastle Neighbourhood Policing Team on Friday and Saturday evenings. There have been of youth annoyance made and there were no youths in the area. Periodic patrols were made to the area during both evenings.
- >> patrols on late weekend - 20/07/2010
Patrols were made by PCSOs Jenny Meadows and Lisa Moore over the weekend. They report that no youths were seen in the area and no youth annoyance calls came in regarding the Recreation Centre.
Last year, June/July, 2009, there were 6 seperate reports of youths drinking alcohol and anti social use of vehicle etc in the area. There have been no reports so far about any youth annoyance going on in the area and PCSO Freeth believes this is down to the engagement the police have made with the youths over the last 12 months, the number of patrols made over the last 12 months and also working with our partners at Bridgend County Borough Council in tackling this issue.
- >> Patrols - 13/07/2010
Patrols have been made by NPT team 2 last weekend and no incidents or issues happened over the weekend. The recreation centre staff have not had any issues and happy with how things are at present times. During the summer holidays we will be engaging with youths in the area and doing activities with them, team building exercises. All information can be found at local schools in the area and notice boards in the recreation centre and other youth clubs. PCSO Freeth will be working with the Youth Service this summer to assist and join in the activities with the children in the area.
- >> Patrols This Weekend - 04/07/2010
Patrols were made throughout the weekend and everything was in order. There were no issues with youth annoyance. Staff at the Recreation Centre were spoken to and they had no issues to report to the police.
- >> Patrols In The Area Ove The Past Few Days - 01/07/2010
Patrols have been made over the last few days by Bridgnd Neighbourhood Policing Team and everything is in order. There were no issues to report and no youth annyoance in the area.
- >> Meeting - 25/06/2010
- A meeting has been organised for July between partnership agencies that can assist with this issue to engage and work with the youths involved.
- >> Patrols - 21/06/2010
- Patrols have been made today and there are a lot of people using the outside facilities the Recreation Centre has to offer . There hasn't been any trouble over the last few nights and everyone seems to be enjoying this lovely weather.
- >> Meeting Held Today - 14/06/2010
Today, PCSO Chrisitan Freeth attended a meeting together with the Recreation Centre Supervisor and Deborah Elwards, Crime Reduction Tactical Advisor, Bridgend Police to discuss a way forward to eliminate the youth annoyance issues at the location and to schedule a meeting with Partnership Agencies e.g. Youth Service, School Liaison Officer Safer Bridgend etc.
- >> Meeting - 10/06/2010
- PCSO Christian Freeth had a meeting today with the Crime Prevention Officer for the Bridgend area. It has been agreed that an action plan will be drawn up to tackle the anti social behaviour issues in the area. Recently there have been a number of homeless people in the area causing concern with their behaviour. Arrangements are in hand for them to be spoken to and moved away from the area.
- >> Patrols - 03/06/2010
- Patrols were made throughout the evening by PCSOs Freeth and Thomas. There were no gangs of youths in the area, however, 4 girls were drinking alcohol underage in the Children's Play Area. The alcohol was confiscated and disposed of, ASBO referalls have been submitted and suitable advice given.
- >> Patrols By Neighbourhood Support Team - 29/05/2010
- During the evening of Saturday, 29th May, PC Neil Loveridge of Central West Neighbourhood Support Team carried out foot patrols around the Recreation Centre. There were no incidents of anti social behaviour observed.
- >> Patrols By Neighbourhood Support Officers - 27/05/2010
- PC Gary Ralph of the Neighbourhood Support Team reports that periodic patrols were made in Newbridge Fields and The Recreation Centre areas during his tour of duty from 2pm until midnight. Everything was in order and there were no issues at the locations.
- >> Patrols this weekend - 09/05/2010
- Patrols have been made over the weekend. On Friday (7th May) a large quantity of alcohol was confiscated from youths who were drinking by the steps at Newbridge Fields, the play area of the Recreation Centre and also behind the Recreation Centre. Youths were moved on from the area and ASBO Referals were issued to them.
- >> Patrols this weekend - 09/05/2010
- Patrols were made by PCSO Freeth and PCSO Thomas throughout Saturday evening and no youths were seen congregating in the area. There were no anti social behaviour issues occurring during the night. Officers spoke to the security guard who confirmed that there had been no youth annoyance issues during the evening, even though the weather had been good.
- >> NST Patrol - 23/04/2010
- From 12 noon to 1pm, Neighbourhood Support Officers patrolled the Recreation Centre and Newbridge Fields areas. Everything was in order during the patrol.
- >> Team 1 Response Officers Patrol Area - 12/04/2010
PCs O'Rourke and Mason attended at location at 6.00pm. There were youths at the location; however they consisted of children using the children’s play area and a small number of teenagers skateboarding in an empty car park. There was no anti-social behaviour being caused by these youths. Security officers at the centre were spoken to and stated they have had no problems there recently. They were happy that officers had spoken to them and were concerned for their welfare. Security were advised to ring police should there be any future issues.
- >> Patrols - 09/04/2010
During the evening of Friday, 9th April, patrols were made by PCSO Freeth and PCSO Smith . Everything was in order, there were no youths in the area and there were no reports of youth annoyance made to the police.
Even though it the weather was dry and it was a beautiful clear night sky, there were no youths to be seen behind the Recreation Centre or at Newbridge Fields. This could be as a result of continued patrols carried out throughout the last couple of months and a zero tolerance approach being taken with any offenders. We have also liaised with Bridgend Council for repairs to be made to the lighting at the rear of the Recreation Centre. This will illuminate the area and prevent the youths congregating in the dark and causing anti social behaviour.
- >> Patrols By Response Officers - 09/04/2010
During the afternoon of Friday, 9th April, Team 3 Response Officers patrolled the area. Everything was in order during the patrols.
Later on, Team 2 Response Officers who were on the night shift, attended the area and made periodic patrols. Again there were no incidents of note.
- >> Patrols - 23/03/2010
- PCSO Christian Freeth and PC Neil Loveridge patrolled the area - everything was in order during the time the officers were in the area.
- >> Confiscation of alcohol - 12/03/2010
Periodic checks were made throughout the night by PCSO Freeth and PC Morris . Whilst on patrol in the area we spoke to a large group of youths who had congregated around the back of the Recreation Centre. They were drinking alcohol underage, were loud ,using abusive and foul language. We confiscated a crate of alcohol and also number of bottles.
There were broken bottles and unopened bottles left on the floor which the youths had dropped. The youths were requested to put all their rubbish in the bin, which they did. ASBO referalls were given and the youths were moved on.
Later on that evening an incident occurred at the Recreation Centre whereby the culprit was later sighted at Bridgend Bus Station by Sergeant Mark Watkins and Sergeant Chris Truscott. The male was spoken to by the officers and arrested for the offence he had committed.
- >> Patrols by Neighbourhood Policing Team - 23/02/2010
- Sergeant Neale Jones and PC Clayton Ritchie of the Neighbourhood Support Team patrolled the area around 1pm and again at 5pm - all was quiet with nothing to report.
- >> NST Officers Carry Out Patrols - 22/02/2010
- PC Karen Merrett and PC Clayton Richie patrolled the area this afternoon - everything was in order during the patrols and there were no signs of any youth annoyance in the area.
- >> Further Patrols - 14/02/2010
- Patrols were made on Saturday, 13th February. Everything was in order at the location, there were no issues with youths in the area.
- >> Patrols and Party! - 13/02/2010
- Bridgend College organised a party at the Recreation Centre on Friday night. Approximately 180 youths attended. Security was provided and the majority of the youths were very well behaved. Officers confiscated a minimal amount of alcohol from youngsters at the rear of the premises. Everyone appeared to be having a good time but unfortunately there were a few issues outside after the event had finished. PCSO Freeth and PCSO Davies were on patrol in the area and summoned assistance from Police Officers. This quick thinking prevented any further problems arising. PC Karen Merrett and other officers from Bridgend Neighbourhood Support Team attended at the location and PC Merrett issued 1 ASBO. Between herself and Sergeant Haggerty, they issued 4 F351s (these are forms submitted by police officers requesting why a person is in the area). The persons causing the problems at the location were identified and taken
- >> Patrols and confiscation of alcohol. - 16/01/2010
I patrolled the area all weekend with PCSO Dean Davies.
On Friday 15th January a party was held at the Tennis Club which was attended by approximately 100 youths aged between 14 and 18 years.That evening, PCSO Davies and myself stopped over 20 youths for drinking under age/ and in a designated no alcohol zone. We also submitted several ASBO Referrals .
We patrolled the area perodically on Saturday 16th January. There were no youths in the area and no reports of youth annoyance received.
- >> Further Patrols By Neighbourhood Support Team - 09/01/2010
- Again, Sergeant Haggerty and the Neighbourhood Support Team Officers braved the freezing conditions to patrol the Recreation Centre between 9.30pm and 10.30pm. There were no PACT issues observed during the patrols.
- >> Patrols By Neighbourhood Support Team - 08/01/2010
- Even though the weather was bitterly cold, Sergeant Fiona Haggerty and her team patrolled the area between 9.30pm and 10.30pm . Everything was in order. No issues during these patrols.
- >> Cannabis Stop! - 02/01/2010
- Periodic checks of the area were made throughout the night and no youths were causing anti social behaviour. Myself and PCSO Newman noticed a vehicle parked up. When we approached the vehicle we noticed there was a strong smell of cannabis coming from the car. We called police officers for assistance to search the occupants in the vehicle and one male was found to be in possession of a quantity of cannabis. He was cautioned by the police officers in relation to this.
- >> Passing Patrols - 15/12/2009
- Again, Acting Inspector Hillman's team were nightshift - passing patrols were made in the area by officers - no incidents were reported.
- >> Patrols by Bronze Inspector - 14/12/2009
- Acting Inspector Paul Hillman was on the nightshift on Monday, 14th December. At 11pm, he attended at the area to check everything was in order - there were no issues at the location during his patrol.
- >> patrols over the weekend - 11/12/2009
NST patrolled the area over the weekend and there were large groups of youths in the Recreation centre. There were more than 30 youths who had alcohol in their possession and causing anti-social behaviour.
Two youths were arrested over the weekend for public order and all the youths were issued with a Section 27 warning (a direction to leave) the area and not to return that night.
A number of youths were issued with ASBO referals and alcohol confiscated off them. We will not tolerate this type of behaviour and will deal with any anti social behaviour very seriously.We will be patrolling area when possible and dealing with any issues in a professional but firm manner.
- >> Early Shift Response Officers Patrol Area - 10/12/2009
- Team One Response Officers made periodic patrols of the area between 7am to 3pm. Nothing to report during the patrols.
- >> Team 1 Response Officers Patrol Area - 01/12/2009
Team 1 Response Officershad the early turn on Tuesday, 1st December, and Acting Inspector Paul Hillman tasked the officers to pay periodic patrols in the area.
Patrols were made during the shift and there were no issues at the location during these times.
- >> Team Patrol - 27/11/2009
- PCSO Galtry and PCSO Meadows patrolled the area throughout the evening on Sunday, 22nd November and Thursday, 26th November. Everything was in order during the patrols and there were no youth annoyance issues.
- >> Team 5 Response Officers Keep Up The Patrols - 16/11/2009
- Further patrols were carried out during the shift by Team 5 Response Officers, everything was in order at the locations.
- >> Patrols - 16/11/2009
I have spoken to Security Staff at the Recreation Centre and they confirmed that there has been no youth annoyance in the area all weekend!!!
There have been NO reports of drunken behaviour and NO anti social behaviour issues.
I patrolled the area this evening - it was a very wet evening - however, NO youths causing anti social behaviour in this area.
- >> Morning Shift Response Officers Patrol Area - 10/11/2009
- Acting Inspector Hillman reports that during his shift (7am to 3pm), he instructed his team to pay periodic patrols in the area, which they did. No incidents to report.
- >> Patrols all weekend - 08/11/2009
- Periodic checks have been made by the Bridgend Neighbourhood Police Team all weekend. It looks like the weather has helped keep the Recreation Centre a quiet place over the weekend - there were no gangs of youths in the area or any reports of anti social behaviour. While patrolling we came across an underage female who had a bottle of cider. The female was dealt with accordingly and an ASBO referall will be submitted.
- >> Operation BANG - 05/11/2009
- Operation BANG was in force again today and there was no reports of youth annoyance in the area. Constant patrols were made throughout the night and no youths were seen in the area.
- >> Further Patrols Carried Out By Response Officers - 05/11/2009
- Inspector Chris Patterson reports that during the afternoon shift (3pm until midnight) patrols were again made in the area and there were no occurrences during these times.
- >> Night Shift Patrol Area - 05/11/2009
- During the nightshift of 5th November, Acting Inspector Paul Hillman informed his team of Response Officers to carry out the patrols in the area. There were no occurrences reported.
- >> Response Officers Keep Up Patrols In Area - 04/11/2009
- Acting Inspector Paul Hillman reports that during the night shift (10pm to 7am), response officers made periodic patrols to the Recreation Centre and Newbridge Fields. Everything was in order at the locations.
- >> Team 1 Response Officers Patrol Area - 03/11/2009
- Inspector Ioan Davies reports that officers from his shift carried out patrols in the area during the time they were on duty (from 3pm until midnight). There were no incidents to report.
- >> Team 3 Response Officers Patrol Area - 02/11/2009
- Inspector Richard Holder reports that during the nightshift of Monday 2nd November (10pm until 7am) patrols were made in the area and there were no issues there.
- >> Team 5 Response Officers Patrol Recreation Centre - 02/11/2009
- Team 5 Response Officers were working an early shift on Monday, 2nd November and were updated by Inspector Patterson, the Duty Inspector, of the issues at the Recreations Centre and Newbridge Fields. During the shift, officers then pay periodic patrols to the area and found everything in order at these times.
- >> Patrols - 31/10/2009
Patrols were made throughout last night as it was Halloween and Operation BANG was in force.
A number of youths were spoken to throughout the night down and around the Recreation Centre - no one was intoxicated, however, 2 people received cannabis warnings.
Also a number of cans and bottles of alcohol was confiscated from youths as they were carrying it in their bags.
There were no reports of youth annoyance all night from staff at the Recreation Centre or from members of the public.
- >> Patrols By Team 4 Response Officers - 30/10/2009
- Inspector Ralph Harris, Team 4, Response, reports that during the night shift of Friday, 30th October (10pm until 7am), Response Officers carried out patrols and all was quiet during these times.
- >> Reponse Officers Patrol Area - 29/10/2009
- When Team 4 Response Officers came on duty at 10pm tonight, during their 'Briefing' Inspector Ralph Harris discussed with them the issues surrounding the Recreation Centre and Newbridge Fields. A report of youths drinking alcohol was received later and officers attended but the youths had dispersed prior to their arrival. Regular patrols were carried out by PC Thomas throughout the rest of the shift.