Date of Meeting:
Brecon Road Infants School, Norman Terrace at 7pm
Location of Concern:
Lanes at the rear of Brecon Road
Persons are hanging around and drinking alcohol in the lanes at the rear of Brecon Road. Needles have also been found in the area.
- >> Evening patrol in the lanes - 02/07/2012
- Pcso Roberts patrolled the lanes to the rear of Brecon Road as well as behind Cromwell St and Stuart St.
There were no persons in the lanes despite evidence of alcohol being consumed. Residents are being urged to report any suspicious activity or street drinking to the Police via the 101 non emergency number.
- >> No incidents reported - 27/06/2012
Pcso Roberts checked for incidents which may have been reported while he was on rest days.
There didn't appear to be any incidents reported but Pcso Roberts will be attending Brecon Road and speaking to some of the residents to confirm this.
- >> Lanes patrolled - 22/06/2012
Pcso Roberts patrolled the lanes in the Early evening and then later during the night. The area was quiet though a bag containing empty cans was discovered hanging from a post. The cans were of Polish Lager which may have been purchased from the local Polish shop in Brecon Road.
The proprietors of this shop have been spoken to on a previous occasion asking them to remind their customers to dispose of their rubbish in the appropriate manner
A follow up call may be necessary.
- >> Visit - 19/06/2012
Pcso Roberts visited one of the elderly residents in Brecon Road. She said that she hadn't seen or heard anyone in the lane over the past couple of weeks though there still appears to be rubbish left in the area.
No needles have been left in the lane since the original report.
- >> Quiet over the weekend - 18/06/2012
- No problems were reported over the weekend and it appears that the location is quietening down.
- >> All quiet - 14/06/2012
The lanes were patrolled during the evening but the area was very quiet helped in part by the bad weather.
Pcso Roberts spoke to a local resident and they said that there has been no alcohol related incidents recently.
- >> Patrols in lanes - 13/06/2012
- Merthyr community officers have been patrolling the lanes in the evening and over the weekend. No issues were seen by officers and local residents have been advised to report any incidents or concerns via the 101 non emergency number.
- >> Evening patrol - 13/06/2012
- Pcso Roberts patrolled the area in the late evening as part of his regular foot patrol.
The lanes were quiet with no persons seen. The amount of empty alcohol cans and bottles seem to have reduced and no new reports have been received.
What we did
Regular patrols were conducted and persons in the lanes were spoken to. No needles were found in the area but evidence of alcohol consumption was discovered, mainly Polish branded Lager.
The local Polish shop was visited and their customers asked to refrain from dropping litter in the lanes.
Return to Previous Page