Date of Meeting:
All Saints Hall 2pm
Location of Concern:
Road junction, Miskin Road, Trealaw
Concern over inconsiderate parking around the road junction near the Miskin Public House on Miskin Road which prevents buses from negotiating the turn onto Miskin Road.
- >> update - 25/07/2012
- All was clear at Miskin Road at 4.15pm on 25/7/12 when PCSO Woodland was on patrol.
- >> update - 20/07/2012
- PCSO Woodland issued a fixed penalty notice to vehicle parked illegally on Miskin Road today at 7.45pm.
- >> update - 19/07/2012
- The junction was clear at 8.40am today when PCSO France was on patrol.
- >> update - 19/07/2012
- The area was checked by PCSO Woodland at 10.40am today. There were no offending vehicles in the area.
- >> update - 17/07/2012
PCSO Woodland today spoke with Russell Webber (the local Stagecoach Depot Manager).
He stated that he had not received any complaints regarding dangerous parking near the Miskin Road junction from his drivers for some time.
- >> update - 13/07/2012
- A driver who had been warned several times in the past was given a *|*30 fixed penalty notice for parking illlegally at 11.55am on Friday 13th July by PCSO Woodland.
- >> update - 12/07/2012
- PCSO Woodland advised local residents that all vehicles will be given fines for illegal parking around the junction.
- >> Update - 08/07/2012
- PCSO Woodland and PCSO France checked the area this afternoon at 1.05pm. One vehicle was observed parked on the pavement, the driver, being unfamiliar with the area was given suitable advice. Several other residents were given words of advice to prevent further parking issues.
- >> update - 27/06/2012
A patrol of the area was made today at 3.30pm by PCSO Woodland.
There were no offending vehicles at this time.
- >> update - 18/06/2012
The area was checked at 12.00pm on 18th June and all was clear.
A letter is to be drafted and distributed to all surrounding houses advising residents that all offending vehicles will be given a fixed penalty notice.
- >> Update - 07/06/2012
- It has been brought to the attention of local officers in Trealaw that there are parking issues surrounding the road junction outside the Miskin Pub on Miskin Road. Bus drivers are on occasion having great difficulty negotiating this junction due to the inconsiderate parking of a minority. The main area of concern is outside Trealaw House, vehicles here may be parked both on the double yellow lines and half up on the pavement. Officers will now make periodic checks at the location and deal with any parking offences appropriately.
What we did
Daily patrols and a zero tolerance approach to the illegal parking seems to have had the desired effect. Even though the priority has been finalised this issue will still be monitored.
Return to Previous Page