Date of Meeting:
Children's Centre @ Holly Street @ 6pm
Location of Concern:
Residents feel that there is speeding on Dyffryn Road causing danger to other road users, especially those exiting junctions.
- >> Speed Indicators Due - 04/01/2010
Counsellor Webber has spoken to the relevant department who has confirmed that Duffryn Road will be allocated a LCD speed indicator in the next couple of months.
- >> speed camera - 13/11/2009
- I am hoping to get the hand held speed camera (shared between teams) to carry out some operations but this is difficult due to the demand of the camera in other areas.
- >> operations to continue - 09/09/2009
- This issue has not been resolved therefore it rolls over another month. More speed operations by the local policing team will be carried out.
- >> speeding exercise carried out - 24/08/2009
A speeding operation was carried out on Wednesday evening between 6:30pm and 7:30pm. The results are as follows:-
The speed of 65 cars were taken. 20% were travelling between 30-34mph. 1.9% were travelling between 35 and 40mph and therefore were pulled over to the side of the road by Police Officers and warned about their speed.
Another operation will take place shortly.
- >> poster competition - 24/08/2009
Due to recent problems of minor anti social behaviour of young people using Rhydyfelin Library, we decided to call a meeting with young people who use the facility.
A short meeting took place on Friday 21st August and young people were spoken to about how we expect them to behave when using public buidlings/shops in the area.
The team then invited the young people to design a poster to warn people of their speed in the village.
- >> meeting update - 08/08/2009
- It was decided at the PACT meeting that this issue would continue through August.
- >> rct update - 08/08/2009
I have spoken to RCT as I requested a site meeting at Duffryn Road with local Counsellor and local residents to discuss the issues relating to this.
Unfortunately RCT council cannot assist and attend a site meeting. Therefore the community will take steps, working in partnership with local policing team to raise awareness and aim to reduce speeding at this location.
- >> speed camera operation - 08/08/2009
- Speed camera operations will take place on Dyffryn Hill during August. Please be careful of your speed......
- >> meeting - 31/07/2009
I have contacted RCT asking for a site meeting with myself and local partners to discuss these issues.
What we did
This speeding issue has now been linked to Duffryn Road.
Return to Previous Page