Date of Meeting:
Bryntirion Junior School @ 7.00pm
Location of Concern:
Concerns regarding vehicles speeding in the location
- >> SPEEDING EVALUATION - 16/11/2009
On Monday, 16th November, 2009 at the Cefn Glas PACT Meeting, I updated the attendees of my findings after carrying out speed patrols on Heol Y Frenhines.
After numerous patrols, I have noted that it may be public perception that the vehicles are speeding in the area. I am not saying that on some occasions vehicles are being driven at speed but I have noticed that vehicles that I thought were initially speeding only appeard that way due to modifications to the exhaust, ie they sounded as if they were speeding when in fact they were not.
Patrols in the Ward will continue, especially in the areas of public concern but this priority has now been finalised.
- >> Speed Patrols - 05/11/2009
- Foot patrols were made in this area. No vehicles seen speeding and no reports have been made. Patrols and speed camera will continue to be used in this area.
- >> Speeding Patrols - 03/11/2009
- Foot patrols around Llangewydd Road were made throughout the shift. No offences were noticed although several vehicles were perceived to be speedinig from the noise of the vehicles, but when they past they appeared to be travelling at an acceptable limit.
What we did
.Speed patrols and speed camera operations have been implemented in the area.The speed of vehicles will continue to be monitored on an ad hoc basis as sometimes the public perceive vehicles to be speeding when in fact as a result of the camera operations, this is not the case.
Return to Previous Page