Date of Meeting:
Bryntirion Junior School @ 7.00pm
Location of Concern:
Heol Y Frenhines
Concerns regarding vehicles speeding in the location
- >> Speeding Evaulation - 16/11/2009
On Monday, 16th November, 2009 at the Cefn Glas PACT Meeting, I updated the attendees of my findings after carrying out speed patrols on Heol Y Frenhines.
After numerous patrols, I have noted that it may be public perception that the vehicles are speeding in the area. I am not saying that on some occasions vehicles are being driven at speed but I have noticed that vehicles that I thought were initially speeding only appeard that way due to modifications to the exhaust, ie they sounded as if they were speeding when in fact they were not.
Patrols in the Ward will continue, especially in the areas of public concern but this priority has now been finalised.
- >> Speed Camera Patrols - 04/11/2009
- Officers used the speed camera today and monitored traffic at this location. The speed of 50 vehicles was recorded and during the exercise none were exceeding the speed limit. Patrols will continue in the area..
- >> Speeding Patrols - 03/11/2009
- Foot patrols have been made in the area. There would appear to be drivers causing concern to other road users and pedestrians - speed camera patrols will be made throughout the week to monitor and offending vehicles will be dealt with appropriately.
What we did
Speed patrols and speed camera operations have been implemented in the area.The speed of vehicles will continue to be monitored on an ad hoc basis as sometimes the public perceive vehicles to be speeding when in fact as a result of the camera operations, this is not the case.
Return to Previous Page