Road Safety Issues
Date of Meeting:
Bryntirion Junior School @ 7.00pm
Location of Concern:
Traffic issues involving speeding in the area.
- >> Patrols and actions - 27/02/2010
Patrols have been made at the location and vehicles have been observed by residents travelling at speed through the location.
All road related issues have now been forwarded to our partnership agency who are bringing these concerns to the attention of the Highways Department at Bridgend County Borough Council.
- >> No Reports - 08/12/2009
As you can imagine, people use their vehicles more than usual when it is raining. However, during this period of very bad weather, I am pleased to say that I have not received any complaints regarding traffic issues on Merlin Crescent, not even from around the Comprehensive School.
These concerns will continue to be monitored.
- >> Observations from patrols - 03/12/2009
- I have received complaints regarding a large van parking close to the speed calming measure near to the junction of Barnes Avenue and Merlin Crescent., causing a visual obstruction to other road users. During my patrols I have paid attention to this and to date I have not seen the described vehicle parked at the location.
- >> Council Contacted - 19/11/2009
- I have spoken to Keith Power from the Council's Traffic Management Department. We discussed the speed calming measures on Merlin Crescent and concerns that have been brought to my attention. Since these measures have been placed at the location the Council have had no negative feedback from the public.
What we did
All PACT road policing issues were taken to a meeting for other agencis to help combat the problem. There were no other calls regarding the speeding.
Return to Previous Page